In Weevil Weekly, Scribbles said that if you want a Pirate Flag for your nest you need to do the Weekend Puzzle Challenge and Cheats Whiz is here to help!
The code is simply 554OCEAN222 but lets look at how this problem is solved!
- Let’s start with Problem 1! Crab add Crab equals Jellyfish. The numbers we have are 2, 3, 4, and 5. An even number plus an even number equals an even number and the number here is the same. It must be two add two equals four.
- Now we know that crab is two and four is jellyfish, this should be easier. So crab add fish equals submarine. So we know that crab is two, and there is no jellyfish, fish and submarine must be either 3 or 5. Well five add 2 equals seven, we don’t have seven so fish must me three and submarine must be five. So it is two add three is five.
- Exactly the same sum, numbers swapped round. So three add two equals five.
- Okay, so answer to Problem 1 is 554!
- Now we know what all the symbols stand for so this is pips. For Problem 2 the answer is crab, crab, crab. We know that crab is two so the answer to Problem 2 is 222.
- Turn it into the code, it is 554OCEAN222
Could you figure this out on your own? Is this your favourite type of Weekend Puzzle Challenge? Do you adore your new Pirate Flag? Let us know in the comments!
Last year, Bin Weevils did a poll on their blog asking which themed nest items should they release. Well, we all voted and we are proud to announce that Under the Sea won! This is a bit like the Sweet Treat items, as new ones are released each week.
Also, like the Cupcakes, there are Magical Seashell Collectables, first starting with the Orange one, for Level 10 and 5000 mulch. Of course, if you collect all 5, you get a free Golden Seashell. Nice!
What do you think the next theme is? Do you already have the Golden Cupcake? Will you collect all five? Let me know in the comments!
Happy new year everyone! In honor of this brand new year, Bin Weevils is giving everyone a FREE nest item! To get this nest item, head over to Lab’s Lab, and walk to the Mystery Nest Item.
The code you will use is 2012happy. After using this code, you will receive a free nest item, which is a poster of bin weevils celebrating this brand new year. Here’s what it looks like in your nest:
Just as we did for the last few months of 2011, we will be bringing you the latest Bin Weevils cheats here at Cheats Whiz. Here’s to a great 2012!
There is a brand new weekend challenge in Bin Weevils, and that means there is a brand new reward to unlock!
Let’s look at the logic behind solving this problem:
- There was a total of 100 items.
- 1/4 of the items were stockings. That means there were 25 stockings.
- There were 3 less candy canes than there were stockings. That means there were 22 candy canes.
- There were 1/2 as many fireplaces as candy canes. That means there were 11 fireplaces.
- The amount of bows was equal to the amount of candy canes and fireplaces put together. There were 22 candy canes and 11 fireplaces, so there was a total of 33 bows.
- The rest of the items are nutcrackers. So far, 91 items have been accounted for. That means the remaining 9 are nutcrackers.
For question 1, there was a total of 9 nutcrackers. For question 2, Sum counted the most of bows (as there was a total of 33). That makes the secret code 9cocoabows!
If you go to Flem Manor, you can get a FREE Christmas tree for your nest!
Clicking on the Christmas Trees will launch a popup, where you can pick up your free tree (for both tycoons and free users).
Congratulations! You have received a free tree for your nest!
Take a look. Looks pretty cool, don’t you think? Did you also get a free tree? Let me know!
Clott from Bin Weevils has posted a puzzle challenge on their site. We will provide the solution for the puzzle after the image below.
As the above image states, each different symbol stands for either 2, 4, 6, or 8. The answer to problem 1 is 866, and the answer to problem 2 is 622. This makes the final code 866sleigh622.
Let’s look at how I deduced the answer to the two problems:
- We will use C to represent the cupcake, W to represent the wreath, B to represent the bowtie, and S to represent the snowman.
- When adding two single digit numbers, the highest number you can carry over is 1. You can verify this by adding the two greatest one digit number, which will give you 18 (you will only be able to carry over a 1).
- We know you won’t need to carry at all in the above math problem. This is because if you have a remainder of 1, you will have an odd number somewhere in the problem. There aren’t any symbols to represent odd numbers, so we know there aren’t any odd numbers.
- We know none of the addends can contain the number 8. This is because 8 added to the smallest possible other number (2) would require you to carry. As we mentioned previously in step 3, you will not need to carry in this problem.
- We can conclude S (the snowman) represents the number 8. This is because that’s the only digit that doesn’t appear in any of the addends (similar to what was mentioned in step 4).
- We know C + W is 8, based on what we deduced in step 5. We know C or W are either 2 or 6. They cannot be 4 because they are two different numbers that sum up to 8.
- Because neither C or W is 4 as we mentioned in step 6, we know the remaining B is 4.
- Looking at the ones column, we know C + 4 = W. As mentioned in step 6, C and W are either 2 or 6. In this case, it makes sense to say C is 2 and W is 6.
After you have the code (866sleigh622), go to Lab’s Lab and click on Mystery’s Nest Items. There, you will enter the above code.
You will receive a nest item and 200 mulch!
Did you like the math problem? Were you able to get the answer on your own? Leave a comment and let me know!