Yesterday on the Mech Mice blog, the staff of Mech Mice posted some of the bugs that beta testers have sent them. Here is the post.
Here’s the first of many bug reports the team put together for the beta test. This report will include the bugs we are aware of, bugs we have already fixed and general clarifications to help you understand the game better.
Have a read through and in the comments, let us know what you want to see in the next report.
Report 1 – Known Bugs
- No Save Points, Level Select or Logout Button
- Mice Freeze Sometimes in Level 3
- Mice Health Bar Isn’t Working Properly
- Characters Still Talk After Dying
- Mice Can Walk Through Each Other
- Bugs Sometimes Walk Onto the Hex You are On
- Mice Appear Pink In-Game
- Bugs and Mice can Shoot Through Obstacles
- Mice Can Activate Towers in Level 1 When They Aren’t Close to Them
- ‘Skip Turn’ Button Displays ‘Enemy Turn’ Even When No Bugs are Around
- Clicking Learn More After Level 3 Doesn’t Always Work
- Avatar Cards Block Hexes
- Players Can Hide in the Boxes After Destroying the 3rd Spawn Hatch in Level 3
Report 2 – Fixed Bugs
- Screen Resolution Problem (Please Clear Your Web Browser’s Cache if You Are Still Having Any Problems)
Report 3 – Clarification
- *Right now, finding the secret Treasure Tokens just gives you bragging rights. But soon they’ll give you lots of cool rewards for finding them. What kind of rewards? Stuff like power ups, achievements, and experience points.
- *Green hexes mean there’s a switch you can push, red hexes mean you can attack what’s on it, and blue hexes mean you can move there.
- You may notice sometimes there are blue hexes with dotted lines – these show you how far your unit can go if they use BOTH their Action Points to move. And using them can even give your unit a move bonus.
Bugs are weaker in Level 3:
- *It’s true! Well actually it’s not. Bugs are exactly the same. What’s changed however is that your mice are stronger.
- In Mech Mice, your units will gain Experience Points as you play, and eventually they’ll level up and get more powerful. We plan for this to happen the first time, by the time you reach level 1-3 – making Blaze and Flank more powerful just before the big battle in Tumbleweed.
- Don’t worry, level ups will be much cooler in the final game (and will even let you customize your units a bit).
I like how we will get rewards for find the Treasure Tokens in the future. What do you think? Post a comment with your thoughts.